KP Livestock and Poultry Farmers Convention 2018
A pre-conference meeting held for Livestock and Poultry Farmers Convention at UA Peshawar, chaired by Prof Nazir Ahmad Dean FAHVS, Mr Asif Awan President KP Livestock Farmers Association (KPLFA), and Mr Hafeez ur Rahman, Member Livestock Board, Government of Pakistan. Representatives of Khyber Institute of Veterinary Science (KIVS) and Faculty of Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Sciences (FAHVS), University of Agriculture Peshawar, and AWKUM, participated in the meeting.
The meeting started with recitation from the Holy Qur’an by Dr Hammad Ullah. Prof Nazir Ahmad, Dean FAHVS welcomed the participants and invited Prof M Subhan Qureshi to introduce the agenda item. Prof Qureshi informed that KPLFA has worked on preparations for the Convention and held meetings with various stakeholders, including Directorates General of Livestock and Dairy Development Extension and Research Wings. The President KPLFA has very kindly agreed to hold a meeting at this University to review the preparations already made and get participation and contribution of the faculty members and the Dairy Science Park for making the event a success.
Dr Ghufran Ullah presented an overview of the preparations already made. The Convention will comprise presetation of papers by selected scholars for educating farmers, processors and investors in modern technologies and practices. Farmers from various districts would be invited to attend the event.
An Industrial Exhibition will be held for display of products and services by various commercial companies through stalls. Public sector organizations would be invited for participation in the exhibition.
Funds will be generated through sale of stalls for exhibition, sponsorship of special items like inaugural tea, lunch, etc. Provincial government is being approached for financial sponsorship.
Prof M Subhan Qureshi informed that Livestock Minister Baluchistan and Dr Azam Kakar have desired to attend the event. Other provincial executives would also be invited. Prof M Subhan Qureshi was assigned the duties of compiling recommendations through a committee.
Prof Nazir Ahmad assured maximum support of the Universities through provision of speakers, arrangement of stalls and transportation from Bacha Khan Chowk up to AHITI Nahaqi.
The President KPLFA presented thanks to all the participants for their active participation in the meeting and prayed for a successful event in the best interest of the farmers, other stakeholders and the people of the province.
Livestock and Poultry Farmers’ Convention (LPFC) at Peshawar
5-6 December 2018
Animal Husbandry In-service Training Institute, Charsadda Road, Peshawar
Livestock Farmers’ Association (LFA), Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
Livestock& Dairy Development Department (L&DD) Extension and Research Wings
Pakistan Veterinary Medical Association (PVMA)
Pakistan Poultry Association (PPA)
Fisheries Department (FD)
Faculty of Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Sciences, UA Peshawar (UAP)
Poultry Doctors Forum (PDF)
Poultry Dealers Association (PDA)
Dairy Science Park (DSP) Peshawar
KP Chamber of Commerce and Industries (KPCCI) Peshawar
Organizing Committee feels immense pleasure to invite you to the Livestock and Poultry Farmers Convention (LFPC) scheduled for 27-28 November 2018 at Animal Husbandry In-service Training Institute, Charsadda Road, Peshawar.
The objective of the convention is to show the smallholder farmers in particular and commercial farmers in general, the recent advancements in field of livestock and poultry sectors. Adopting these practices by farmers will improve livestock productivity and reduce operational cost incurring at farms. Furthermore, the civil society and particular the youth are encouraged to take on livestock& poultry farming as livelihood source, resulting in reduced rates of unemployment in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. The subsistence livestock farms and majority of commercial farms have management practices in a primitive stage and application of modern technology is almost lacking. The farmers have no or little knowledge of best farming practices to improve their productively.Hopefully this farmers’ convention will help them to acquire up-to-date knowledge and switch to the advance farming practices.
- Talks/lectures deliver by prominent livestock and poultry experts on recent advancements accomplished in different areas of veterinary and poultry sectors.
- Stalls installed by national and multinational companies of livestock, poultry and fishery involved in sale/promotion of feed, medicine, vaccine, semen, fodder seed, diagnostic equipment, dairy technology equipment, general machinery and equipment, farm record software, veterinary books sellers etc.
- Public sector departments and universities will be invited to stand stalls of their products and diagnostic equipments
- Scheduled banks/bankers will be invited to demonstrate brochures of credits facilities provided to the farmers.
- Healthy animals completion in all species of livestock
- Milk production competition among all species and particularly cattle and buffaloes.
- Dog breeds show and fitness competition
- Ostrich show to attract people to adopt it as farming
- Fancy poultry birds demonstration
- The Chief Executives of KPK will be invited as Chief guests for opening and closing ceremony of convention
Call for submissions:
We encourage you to participate in any of the above event and send your consent to the organizing Secretary on her e-mail address email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or drop a letter on Secretariat Address given below by November 5, 2018. The livestock and Poultry experts presenting the papers on livestock and poultry production, nutrition, reproduction, health (common diseases), management, vaccination schedule, shed designing or any other innovative ideas in Urdu Medium may be sent their consent (Name of Presenter and Title of Talk) before October 31, 2018. The farmers and breeders participate in competition and win the competition would be given prize in the form of Shield and Cash for encouragement.
- Registered Farmers 100/-
- Non-registered Farmers 200/-
- Students 100/-
- Professionals 1000/-
Sponsorship and exhibition:
The Convention offers the opportunity to become a sponsor or exhibitor in the convention. Form for participation as sponsor/exhibitor is as under:
Category A: Rs.300,000; Category B: Rs.200,000; Category C: Rs.100,000; Category D: Rs.50,000; Category E: Rs.25,000
Chief Patron: Mr. Muhibullah Khan Minister of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries & Coop: DepartmentGovt. of KPK
Patron: Mr. Muhammad Israr Khan, Secretary Agriculture, livestock, Fisheries & Coop: Department Govt. of KPK
Deputy Patron: Dr. Ghufran Ullah Akhunzada, Ex-Director General Livestock Research, Principal Khyber Institute of Veterinary Sciences Peshawar
Assistant Patron: Dr. Muhammad Saeed, Chairman Pakistan Poultry Association, KPK
Chief Organizer: Mr. Muhammad Asif Awan President, Livestock Famers Association KPK
Deputy Organizer: Ahmad Kamal, Senior Vice President Livestock Farmers Association
Assistant Organizer: Muhammad Kamran, Vice President Livestock Farmers Association
Organizing Secretary: Ms Suraya Shahab; Haji Muhammad Iqbal
Assistant to Organizing Secretary: Mr. Noor-ul-Wahib, Joint Secretary Livestock Farmers Association
Focal Point Acdemea: Prof Dr. Muhammad Subhan Qureshi, FAHVS, University of Agriculture Peshawar
Members of the organizing committee:
- ZahidShinwari, President Chamber of Commerce & Industries Peshawar
- Sher Muhammad, Director General Livestock & Dairy Development Department (Extension)
- Mirza Ali khan, Director General Livestock & Dairy Development Department (Research)
- Muhammad Nazir, Dean Faculty of Animal Husbandry & Animal Sciences, University of Agriculture Peshawar
- Muhammad Ijaz Chief Planning Officer Agriculture, Livestock, Fishery and Coop: Deptt. Govt. of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
- KhisroKaleem Director General, FisheryDepartment& Director livestock Research & Development Station Surezai
- Habib Ur Rehman President Pakistan Veterinary Medical Council, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
- Dr. Sarzaman Khan, Poultry Science Department, University of Agriculture Peshawar
- Dr. Sohial Ahmad, Head of Animal Biotechnology University of Agriculture Peshawar
- Dr, Jahangir Shah, Principal Animal HusbandryIn-service Training Institute Peshawar
- BakhtDeraz, Director Livestock Research & Development, Peshawar
- Malik Ayaz Director Livestock& Dairy Development DepartmentAgency Districts
- Muhamad Hamayoun, Chairman Animal Health, University of Agriculture Peshawar
- Dr, Ihsanullah, Director Breed Improvement, Livestock & Dairy Development Department (Extension)
- Waliyat Hussain Principal Research Officer, Livestock Research & Development, Peshawar
- Syed Masoom Shah, District Director Livestock Peshawar
- QaziZai-ur-Rehman, Director Livestock Production, Extension & communication Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
- Muhammad Mujtaba President Poultry Doctor Forum, KPK
- Muhammad Ayaz, Executive Member, Livestock Farmers Association, Noshera
- Rassol Khan, Executive Member Livestock Farmers Association, Charsadda
- Professor Dr. Ghulam Habib, Ex-Advisor Punjab government and Ex.Dean Faculty of Animal Husbandry & Animal Sciences, University of Agriculture Peshawar
- Sirdar Badshah, Chairman Pakistan Youth Organization, Pakistan
- SuryiaShahabFamers Convention Organizing Secretary; email@example.com; www.dairysciencepark.org.pk/LPFC Cell# 03118181025, 091-258-3429, 091-258-3480
Building 83, Near Jinah Islamia College for boys Main Saryab Road, Faqirabad, Tel. 091-258-3480