DSP Sandia PVMC Workshop on BRM at Dubai
A Workshop was held at Dubai on Biorisk Management, organized jointly by Dairy Science Park Peshawar, Sandia National Labs USA and Pakistan Veterinary Medical Council Islamabad. This was eighth event of the series held at different locations around the World. BRM contents were developed for integration into DVM degree curriculum at Pakistani Universities.
Participants from Sandia National Laboratories included Dr Melissa Finley, Mr Waleed Joyan and Ms Iris Shurdhi. Delegates from Pakistan comprised Deans and senior faculty members from the DVM degree awarding institutions of Pakistan; senior civil officers of the federal and provincial government, Pakistan Veterinary Medical Council and Dairy Science Park.
List of participants:
- Prof. Dr. Masood Rabbani, President Pakistan Veterinary Medical Council (PVMC)
- Dr. Muhammad Arshad, Ex-President Pakistan Veterinary Medical Association (PVMA)
- Dr. Ilahi Bakhsh Mastoi, President PVMA/ Livestock & Dairy Development Department (L&DD), Balochistan
- Dr. Muhammad Iqbal, Regional Director, Veterinary Research and Disease and Investigation Centre, Ratha Kulachi, D.I. Khan.
- Dr. Muhammad Mubarak Jatoi, President PVMA Sindh
- Dr. Nazeer Hussain Kalhoro, Director, Sindh Poultry Vaccine Center, Karachi.
- Dr. Sher Muhammad, Director General, L&DD Peshawar
- Dr. Ghulam Hussain Jaffar , Director General, L&DD, Quetta
- Dr. Muhammad Iqbal Shahid, Additional Secretary (Technical), L&DD, Lahore.
- Prof. Dr. Zafar Iqbal Randhawa, Vice Chancellor /Dean, University of Agriculture, Faisalabad
- Prof. Dr. Abdul Latif Bhutto, Associate Professor, Sindh Agriculture University, Tandojam
- Dr. Shakeeb Ullah Khan, Dean, Gomal University. D.I. Khan
- Prof. Dr. Mumtaz Ahmed Khan, Principal, Riphah College of Veterinary Sciences, Lahore
- Muhammad Yasin Tipu Malik, Associate Professor, University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences, Lahore
- Dr. Mansoor Ahmed, Director General, L&DD, Lahore
- Prof. Dr. Arfan Yousaf,, Dean, Faculty of Veterinary & Animal Sciences, PMAS Arid Agriculture University, Rawalpindi.
- Prof. Dr. Masood Akhtar, Dean, Faculty of Veterinary Sciences, Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan
- Prof. Dr. Umer Siddique, Faculty of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Sciences, The University of Agriculture, Peshawar.
- Dr. Rasheed Ahmed Magsi, Deputy Director, L&DD, Quetta
- Lt. Col Dr. Aqil Hameed Ch (R), Secretary/Registrar PVMC
- Major Dr. Shaukat Yab Khan (R), Assistant Director (Admin/Technical) PVMC
- Dr. Abdul Rehman, Director Poultry Research Institute, Rawalpindi
- Prof M Subhan Qureshi, President Dairy Science Park, Peshawar
Lectures were delivered by the resource persons from Sandia Laboratories USA and President PVMC. BRM related issues prevailing in the field were reviewed. Integration of the BRM contents into the DVM curriculum, already developed at Colombo and refined in the Deans meeting in Pakistan, were discussed in detail in three groups. Final draft was presented on third day for integration into DVM Curriculum. Prof M Subhan Qureshi suggested establishment of BRM Alumni Association as the eight worskshops jointly organized by SNL, DSP and PVMC have trained a good number of persons which may play their due role in integrating BRM concepts into the Food Value Chain in Pakistan.